HOPES & DREAMS
MIT’s undergraduate Mechanical Engineering program did an exceptional job of teaching me all the technical skills I'll need to make whatever I can imagine, but none of my engineering classes taught me why the things I will build matter.
I was drawn to design because it’s equal parts learning through making, understanding the impact of what you design, and conveying those intentions to others in a constructive way. With both engineering and design experience at MIT, I’ve learned how to design and manufacture products in a thoughtful, meaningful way.
TOY DESIGNER & EDUCATOR
May 2014 - December 2015
Roominate is a toy company that makes wired construction toys to spark girls' interest in STEM.
- Helped raise $500 thousand at a $10 million valuation on Shark Tank.
- Created educational content that was featured on Amazon and in stores nationwide.
- Managed a small team of interns to create a full year of promotional material.
- Designed new parts, products, and SKUs using CAD and rapid prototyping.
- Led competitor analysis on branding across girls construction toys to guide future marketing and segmentation
Object Based Media Group at MIT Media Lab
June 2017 - June 2018
The Object Based Media Group researches innovative ways to use objects and interaction to create novel experiences.
- Storyboarded, designed and manufactured prototypes for a dynamic data visualization sculpture called Big Bar Chart.
- Designed, manufactured, and programmed v-1 of a desktop light stage.
- Learned about useful documentation in academic contexts to enable future researchers to build off of my progress.